Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 6

I've been in class for the last two boring weeks, so I was not able to update the blog with what song we were planning to record last Saturday.

We recorded a track called "Loose Thoughts". It was awesome fun to have Werner sit extra still while Jacob tried to find the sweet spot (of his classical guitar). I swear, the boy has a serious case of the ants-in-pants.
The song is sounding beautiful, even in it's raw untreated state. We messed around with some gritty sounds, including the zip of my pedal-case and the creaky tuners on said classical guitar. There is still quite a few ideas that we have to add to it, including some guest vocals by Ola from Fulka. Check them out on the 23rd of March at Tings&Times, playing with our dear friends The Watermark High, and cool, jazzy weirdos ION.

Here's the demo for the song we did: Loose Thoughts

God-willing, we'll record Expert Heart this Saturday. I'll post the song on Monday.

No comments: